5 Real Estate Marketing Tips for Agents
According to the National Association of Realtors, 92% of home buyers used the Internet as a source of information during the house-hunting process. Online marketing opens doors for real estate agents to take on new clients long before a home buyer opens any doors. Here are 5 real estate agent website tips to help you build a winning real estate online marketing strategy.
But online real estate market techniques consists of more than just having a website. Internet marketing for real estate agents involves creating a presence, promoting your brand and engaging your audience. So how do real estate agents ensure that their real estate online marketing strategy efforts are turn-key?
5 Rules | Online Real Estate Marketing Tips
Here are five things every real estate agent should know about online marketing:
- Location, Location, Location. The three most important things in a home also rings true for your digital marketing practices. In the summer of 2014, Google updated its search algorithm to place a greater emphasis on local results, and Neil Patel of Search Engine Land tells you how to capitalize on this change.
- Go Mobile. The latest major update Google made to its algorithm gives a rankings boost to websites that are mobile-friendly. So make sure your site is optimized for use on smartphones and tablets.
- Engage. Don't settle for just a name and a face. Give your online marketing a voice. Ask for reviews and set up forums where you can answer questions posted by readers or let them comment on listings. Anything to engage your audience and start a conversation. This can enhance your brand, give your advertising a personal touch and may just bring those searchers back to your site for another visit.
- Socialize. There's no ignoring Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest in everyday life, and it shouldn't be disregarded in your online marketing efforts either. In fact, Instagram is now opening up its photo feed for ads. An avenue to post photos, videos and quick information can be invaluable to raising "top of mind awareness" and letting customers know you're up-to-date on market trends.
- Call on the Pros. You're a real estate agent, not a marketer. Companies like Adwerx specialize in optimizing online marketing for real estate agents and companies alike. Investing in a specialist can free you up to focus on what you're trained to do: sell real estate.
Practice these five real estate marketing tips and your real estate agent website marketing efforts will be reflected in the bottom line of your real estate business.