Newspaper Advertising for Real Estate
We live in a digital world. You’re probably reading this on a computer or mobile device, which is probably also where you get your news. However, newspapers are still a vital part of our media culture. And newspaper ads, when used properly, are powerful tools for real estate sales.
Print Advertising: A Closer Look
Let’s start by defining the role newspaper print advertising plays in current real estate marketing:
- First, the numbers. Nearly 90 percent of buyers report using some sort of online resource during their house hunt; by contrast, fewer than 25 percent report using print newspaper advertisements. There is clearly value in both advertising methods.
- Don’t throw out newspaper advertising. Newspapers are still important; 25 percent of sales isn’t a margin you want to miss. However, you do want to ensure that you’re using this tool effectively.
- Understand the role of newspaper advertising for real estate. As many experts in the field note, the goal of newspaper advertising has changed. Rather than aiming to sell an individual listing, newspaper print advertising for real estate now seeks to build name recognition for the real estate agent or firm, and draw the potential client into making contact. Design with this in mind!
So with all that in mind, what’s the best way to approach newspaper print advertising? Here are some tips and tricks to get you started:
- Consider your locale: Your area of operations may have a thriving local newspaper, affording you an easy way to connect to a local audience. This also tends to be a very cost-effective option when it exists, so do your research.
- Keep your brand consistent. When you do use newspaper ads, make sure they fit with the rest of your marketing in terms of look and feel. And make sure your headshot and contact info are prominently displayed; the goal is to have someone get in touch.
- Use emotional appeal. Newspaper ads these days are less about selling houses and more about a call to action delivered emotionally. Appeal to your audience’s emotional side—it may get you the best results.
These tips should get you started, but there’s a lot to marketing real estate. For powerful digital solutions, Adwerx is here to help your firm succeed. Visit our blog to learn more about us—we’d love to work with you!